Thursday 22 July 2010

Time keeps moving

This afternoon Paul and I have an appointment with our solicitor to sign the contracts for the house. It’s all starting to feel real now and I’m excited about it. Jittery at the money we’re spending but it’s all going to be worth it.

It’s strange doing this today because it’s exactly 18 months to the day that my Mum died. It feels like such a long time ago as so many things have happened since then yet 18 months isn’t very long at all.

I wanted to blog about this because although I’m still grieving for my Mum and I’m still working through how I feel about what happened, I’m in a much happier place now.

In the space of 18 months I’ve lost my Mum, ended a long term relationship, began Probate on Mum’s estate, completed my 2nd year at Uni, had a breakdown, met Paul, taken a year out of Uni, moved away from all my family to be with Paul, sold Mum’s house, completed Probate and now Paul and I are buying a house together.

It doesn’t really feel possible that all that has happened over an 18 month period but it has.

It just goes to show that however bad things are, time keeps moving forward and it takes you with it. And before you know it you’re in another time and another place and your life is being filled up with happy things again.

I can’t wait to get started on this next chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment