Thursday 29 July 2010

A child's perspective

A friend of mine has just let me know that her sister has lost a baby recently, her second in two years, which is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to her.

My friend’s daughter, who’s almost 5, said that it’ll all be ok because Joyce (that’s my Mum) will be looking after them so they’re safe.

It had me sobbing; it’s such an innocent and beautiful thing to say. And she’s right, if there was a heaven, my Mum would be looking after them.

It’s always lovely to hear that people still remember my Mum, still talk of her from time to time. It means a lot to know that she’s not been forgotten.

But to hear that a 4 year old remembers Mum; really remembers the essence of who she was, is just lovely beyond words.

I’ll treasure that.

No comments:

Post a Comment