Wednesday 28 July 2010

Our house!!

Yesterday the purchase of the house completed. Paul and I are now officially house owners. It still feels quite surreal to me but so exciting at the same time.

We’re not moving in for 3 or 4 weeks as we want to get some of the work done before we move all out stuff over there.

Of course, we went across to the house last night for the first time as owners. I can’t describe what it felt like to turn the key in the front door of our house for the very first time! 

Paul’s Mum came round to see the house. It was lovely to show our home to someone else. It adds to the excitement.

It made me wish I could show my Mum around the house; I wish I could hear what she would say; I wish she was here.

But I didn’t feel distraught like I thought I might because my Mum’s legacy is that Paul and I now own that house mortgage-free. And that’s a huge thing to leave your child.

And for that reason, and so very many others, it feels to me that my Mum is with me in that house. We have security because of my Mum and she would be so proud.

And you know what, I can hear what she would have said; I can picture her face; I know how excited she would have been.

Today Paul and I went to the house before he went to work and it felt more like ours. Paul started removing the fitted wardrobes and just in that small amount of work the spare room looks different.

It’s starting to feel real that that house is our house. It’s going to be our home. It’s the start of our future.

And I am really, really happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment