Wednesday 28 July 2010

Family

My relationship with my two brothers has been really quite strained at times since Mum was ill. I don’t want to go into it but it’s been very hurtful and difficult and at times I really didn’t know how we’d ever get our relationship back on track.

But time really does help.  Eventually you just miss having contact with your family. And when you do see them you remember how you used to get on. You want to keep that going.

Suddenly I realised we’re chatting on the phone and texting more often. Sharing details of our lives again, like we used to.

And today when I texted them both a photo of the new house, they were both genuinely pleased to see it. Genuinely happy that I’m doing ok.

They both want to come visit in the near future, which will be a first and I’m really excited about it.

And all of a sudden, all that hurt and anger that I was worried might rear its ugly head again is quite simply gone.

I have my brothers back and they have me. Anything that went before is gone now. None of us can change it. It’s now and it’s the future that matters.

It really feels like life is getting back on track again. Full speed ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment