Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions, I gave up making them when I was still in my teens and realised I never kept any of them. This year it feels different though. I'm going through counselling to deal with issues from my past that have reared their ugly heads again and I'm learning so much about why I am the way I am. I think I need to make some resolutions and I need to post them here to remind me to keep to them.


  • I want to spend this year getting myself stronger and healthier both physically and emotionally.
  • I want to be able to look in the mirror every day and see the person that I am now and not the victim that I was in the past. I am not her anymore and I need to remember that.
  • I want to be able to do nice things for myself without feeling like I'm being selfish. So from today I am going to do at least one thing every single day that is just for me, even if it's just a tiny thing.
  • I want to be able to start making decisions without being fearful of consequences.
  • I want to be able to leave my house on my own without feeling terrified and I'm going to work on this every day.
  • I want to start being comfortable with myself and who I am.
  • I want to take more chances in my life and not be scared all the time. If there is genuinely no risk of serious harm then what's the worst that can happen?! 
  • I want to stop feeling guilty about things that aren't my fault.
  • I want to stop feeling obliged to send birthday/anniversary cards to every single member of my entire family. I took over doing this when my Mum died but no one else in my generation of the family sends cards to the extended family. So from now on I am only going to send cards to the people I am in touch with on a regular basis and I will not allow myself to feel guilty about everyone else.

I want this year to be the year that I can get over my issues and put it all behind me. 

Here's to the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment