Tuesday 7 June 2011

Take That!!

Paul won tickets for us to see Take That in Manchester on Friday night. I've been a huge fan of them forever so was massively excited and the concert did not disappoint.

We got there at just after 7 and were amazed how close to the front we got at that time. The Pet Shop Boys had just started their set. I'm a big fan of theirs too and for a moment felt a twinge of sadness as my Mum had been a real fan. But actually instead of being sad that she isn't here to see it made me want to enjoy it even more. I enjoyed it for us both.

Take That as a four piece were brilliant. Robbie as a solo act was fab. And Take That as a five piece were amazing. I was really happy that they played a mix of old and new as I hadn't been expecting that.

I found myself, from the Pet Shop Boys all the way through Take That, singing at the top of my voice and dancing and smiling. Friday night is the first time in a really long time where I felt uninhibited and just didn't care that I can't sing a note in tune. Not since before my Mum was ill. I've really missed who I was before and never thought I'd be so carefree ever again but tonight I captured it for those few hours. And it felt so good!

It wasn't easy for me being in a crowded stadium, I have PTSD and although I'm getting better it's still hard at times. I only had a bit of panic right near the end when the crowd all got really closed in. Six months ago though I could barely leave the house and if you'd told me then that in a few months I'd be at a big concert I wouldn't have believed you.

So funnily enough, and I know it's really cliche to say it but I don't care, Take That's amazing Progress tour has highlighted for me just how much incredible progress I've made. I feel really good just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment